Custom styles

Image for Meredith Music Festival Says No Damon Albarn, Nick Cave In 2014

Meredith Music Festival Says No Damon Albarn, Nick Cave In 2014

Written by Greg Moskovitch on July 24, 2014

The organisers of Meredith Music Festival have denied rumours that Damon Albarn and Nick Cave will be appearing at the 2014 instalment of the event. The annual ticket ballot for Meredith 2014 opened last week, along with the announcement of the first lineup act, The War On Drugs.

Aunty Meredith quelled the rumours surrounding the two UK-based artists — further bolstered by the announcement of tours from both Albarn and Cave — via a lineup status update on Twitter, writing, “24-Meredith LineUp nearrrrly there. (Nick C and Damon A are not playing, just so you know).”

Though Albarn and Cave have now been definitively ruled out of the Meredith 2014 lineup, it will do little to quiet the rumours surrounding this year’s lineup. According to last week’s announcement, festival organisers once again have 54 continuous hours of stage time to fill this December.

“We guarantee we will continue to listen, fix things if they don’t work, not fix the ain’t brokens and Keep On Making Meredith AmaZinger,” they wrote last week. To that end, organisers announced they will keep 2013’s capacity restrictions, which were reduced by 500 people from previous years.

In other Meredith news, 2014’s first sideshow dates were announced earlier this week, with The War On Drugs set to storm venues in Melbourne, Sydney, and Brisbane. Music Feeds will have the full Meredith 2014 lineup and more sideshow dates as soon as they are announced, so stay tuned.

Photos: Meredith Music Festival 2013

Join Music Feeds on Facebook

Ingage unit

Monitoring string

monitoring_string = "5ddc797c5ea15f4a20f5b456893873a5"

Tracking script

Nielsen