Aussie rockers Midnight Oil have announced plans to sell off almost 40 pieces of their musical equipment.
The band have teamed up with Sydney’s Global Vintage Guitars and music marketplace Reverb.com to sell the gear, which has been used by the group over the past four decades.
Launching on Friday, 16th November, Midnight Oil’s official Reverb Shop will feature guitars, amps and studio equipment which the band no longer want to keep in their possession.
“After last year’s ‘Great Circle Tour’, our gear storage locker is completely full,” said guitarist/keyboardist Jim Moginie.
“We want to pass these instruments on to musicians who will appreciate and use them.
“Some of the items we’re selling have been used more than others, but everything has been broken in by the band in one way or another.”
Among the list of items for sale are:
- A 1962 Fiesta Red Fender Jazzmaster electric guitar used during ‘The Great Circle World Tour’ in 2017.
- A 2004 Hiwatt DR103 amp head and matching 4×12 cabinet used during the 2005 WaveAid benefit shows and the 2009 Sound Relief benefit concert
- A pair of Vox AC30-HWH amp heads used during ‘The Great Circle World Tour’ shows and rehearsals
- An early 1960s Guild Starfire electric guitar and a 1964 Gibson SG Junior electric guitar used live and in the studio by guitarist Martin Rotsey
- A Roland RD500 stage keyboard that Moginie used on tour for many years
- Several Vox AC30 amps
- A Line 6 POD Pro Modeler used on Capricornia, the band’s last studio album
Midnight Oil’s Reverb.com Shop will open on Friday, 16th November Australian time.
Until then, view some of the pieces they’ll be selling, below.
Gallery: Midnight Oil Items For Sale
Midnight Oil Are Selling Off A Bunch Of Guitars & Gear - Music Feeds