Custom styles

Image for Paris’ Bataclan Theatre Announces First Shows Since Terror AttacksPhoto: Getty Images / Francois Guillot

Paris’ Bataclan Theatre Announces First Shows Since Terror Attacks

Written by Sam Murphy on April 14, 2016

Paris’ Bataclan Theatre has announced that it will reopen in November, a year after the Paris attacks which claimed over 100 lives inside the venue during an Eagles Of Death Metal show.

The popular venue has been closed ever since the attack but it will finally open its doors again for a Pete Doherty concert on 16th November.

During a Vice interview last year reflecting on the events that occured on 13th November, Eagles Of Death Metal frontman Jesse Hughes said, “I want to be the first band to play in the Bataclan when it opens back up.”

As of yet, an Eagles Of Death Metal concert at the Bataclan has not been announced although the band returned to Paris for a show in February.

In an interview with Variety Bataclan managers said, “We want to preserve the [Bataclan’s] warmth and friendliness and maintain its popular, festive spirit.”

The venue’s interior is currently being renovated but they will not change the set-up of the concert hall.

Pete Doherty’s gig at the venue will be followed by Youssou N’Dour and the Super Etoile de Dakar, Nada Surf and MZ. More concerts are expected to be announced soon on the venue’s website.

Watch: Eagles of Death Metal Discuss Paris Terror Attacks

Join Music Feeds on Facebook

Ingage unit

Monitoring string

monitoring_string = "5ddc797c5ea15f4a20f5b456893873a5"

Tracking script

Nielsen