Dubbed Blue And Lonesome, the veteran rock act’s 25th studio album contains no new original songs, instead being packed full of blues covers.
The 12-track disc, which was recorded in three days at London’s British Grove Studios, features renditions of songs by iconic bluesmen, including Howlin’ Wolf (Commit a Crime), Little Walter (I Gotta Go) and Jimmy Reed (Little Rain).
Guitar legend Eric Clapton also guests on two tunes, including the Stones’ cover of Little Johnny Taylor’s Everybody Knows About My Good Thing and Otis Rush’s I Can’t Quit You Baby.
The new album doubles as a nod to the band’s formative years, when they used to play covers by their favourite blues artists all the time.
Blue And Lonesome is due out on Friday, 2nd December (just in time for Chrissy). Check out the full track list below.
Blue & Lonesome Track List
1. “Just Your Fool” (Originally written and recorded in 1960 by Little Walter)
2. “Commit a Crime” (Originally written and recorded in 1966 by Howlin’ Wolf – Chester Burnett)
3. “Blue and Lonesome” (Originally written and recorded in 1959 by Little Walter)
4. “All of Your Love” (Originally written and recorded in 1967 by Magic Sam – Samuel Maghett)
5. “I Gotta Go” (Originally written and recorded in 1955 by Little Walter)
6. “Everybody Knows About My Good Thing” (Originally recorded in 1971 by Little Johnny Taylor, composed by Miles Grayson & Lermon Horton)
7. “Ride ‘Em On Down” (Originally written and recorded in 1955 by Eddie Taylor)
8. “Hate To See You Go” (Originally written and recorded in 1955 by Little Walter)
9. “Hoo Doo Blues” (Originally recorded in 1958 by Lightnin’ Slim, composed by Otis Hicks & Jerry West)
10. “Little Rain” (Originally recorded in 1957 by Jimmy Reed, composed by Ewart.G.Abner Jr. and Jimmy Reed)
11. “Just Like I Treat You” (Originally written by Willie Dixon and recorded by Howlin’ Wolf in December 1961)
12. “I Can’t Quit You Baby” (Originally written by Willie Dixon and recorded by Otis Rush in 1956)