Street Performer Rushed To Hospital After Catching On Fire

A Melbourne street performer has been rushed to hospital after she caught on fire during an act.

It’s unknown exactly what act she was performing at this stage, but paramedics were called to Freshwater Place at Southbank around 12.30pm today to treat a woman believed to be in her 20s.

As reported by Yahoo7, it is believed the woman’s dress caught on fire while she was performing. She has been rushed to Alfred Hospital in a serious condition with burns to her back and leg.

People were reportedly seen attempting to put the fire out by pouring water over the woman. She was also heard screaming by workers in surrounding office blocks.

“At the start we thought it was part of the act but then she started screaming,” an office worker, who witnessed the incident, told The Herald Sun.

“A gentleman got his flanny off and rushed over to her, someone else was throwing water.”

Latest on Music Feeds

Load more