UPDATE 17/12/15 5.50pm: Soundwave 2016 has been officially cancelled.
We’re less than a week out from Soundwave 2015, but it seems like promoter AJ Maddah is already thinking about Soundwave 2016. In a tweet earlier this afternoon the Soundwave head honcho welcomed Mansfield’s finest, Violent Soho, to the Soundwave 2016 lineup.
After a Twitter fan requested Maddah book the Dope Calypso foursome for next year’s festival, Violent Soho responded with a typically enthusiastic, “Fuck yeah that rules.” “Sweet. Very proud to have you,” replied Maddah. “Let’s get the specifics sorted out in private 🙂 Welcome to #SW16.”
There’s more good news too. Earlier last year, Maddah said that American rockers Halestorm had nixed SW15 but promised to come down for SW16, and also said he would “try harder” to secure oft-requested heavy metallers Manowar after missing them this year.
Maddah has copped a bit of flak in the past for discluding Australian bands from the bill, a situation partially rectified by the inclusion of the likes of local legends The Bennies and Ne Obliviscaris on this year’s touring lineup.
Violent Soho are only likely to cover Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane in chrome at Soundwave 2016, after Maddah announced that this year’s Adelaide Soundwave would be its “last ever”. We’re not likely to return to the glory days of a week ago, either, with Soundwave looking to return to its one-day format next year.
With their reputation as a festival favourite (see below video), and fans who always bring their A-game, Violent Soho are a great way to ensure Soundwave season kicks off with a bang in 2016.
Follow our Soundwave 2016 updates here.
Gallery: Soundwave 2015 – The Best Of The Fest
— AJ (@iamnotshouting) March 6, 2015
@Genna1_1 they've already promised to do 16
— AJ (@iamnotshouting) December 11, 2014
@jamie_mcnicol They'll be here sooner than later. If it doesn't work out for 15 i'll go harder for 16.
— AJ (@iamnotshouting) August 20, 2014
Watch: Violent Soho – Covered In Chrome (Live At Big Day Out 2014, Perth)