Now only a few weeks later, Palmer’s Kickstarter profile displays pledged funds of over one million dollars, with 44 hours to go before the project closes and begins to collect.
The concept of Kickstarter is to allow everyday people to contribute financially to creative projects that interest them. People can give as little as one dollar, but some of Palmer’s more extreme fans pledged as much as $5000, meaning they are given access to attend a house party with Palmer.
Palmer’s proceeds will go towards the recording and touring of her new record, which will be her first since 2008 album Who Killed Amanda Palmer.
Anyone who contributes funds will receive a downloadable copy of the new record, which is being written and recorded with Palmer’s new band The Grand Theft Orchestra.
Watch: Amanda Palmer – video about her new record
- Watch Amanda Palmer Perform ‘Ukulele Anthem’ Tied To The Opera House
- Music Feeds Podcast Episode #64 – Amanda Palmer
- Amanda Palmer: “Australians Treasure Opinionated Female Musos”
- Sydney Festival 2014 Lineup Announced
- Amanda Palmer Weighs In On Sinead-Miley Beef
- Amanda Palmer, Missy Higgins & Jherek Bischoff Cover Paul Kelly’s ‘Before Too Long’