Performer/Singer/Songwriter Amanda Palmer has raised over $350K on creative project funding website Kickstarter to finance the release of her new album and subsequent touring, after breaking her major label ties. The new album has been recorded in collaboration with The Grand Theft Orchestra.
The original goal was to hit $100,000, but the total hit up to $368K by Wednesday morning from thousands of loyal fans, who will receive the digital download of the album when it comes out this September. The contributions could be as low as $1, but some fans went as far as to pledge $5000, which entitles you to a house party with Amanda; or $10,000, which will get you a personal visit from her and The Grand Theft Orchestra.
The new album will be the first studio release since her 2008 album Who Killed Amanda Palmer dropped in 2008, and the live album Amanda Palmer Goes Down Under recorded here in Australia.
- Amanda Palmer Reveals Highs And Lows Of Crowdfunding Success In TED Talk
- Amanda Palmer Announces Rescheduled Tour Dates, September 2013
- Amanda Palmer Cancels 2013 Tour Plans To Support Friend Fighting Cancer
- Amanda Palmer Against PETA’s Latest Ad
- Watch: Amanda Palmer New Video ‘Do It With A Rockstar’ [NSFW]