Hip hop starlets Angel Haze and Iggy Azalea have made an impassioned plea that the bickering between female rappers stops. The message of peace came during a recent Haze concert in London, where Azalea made a surprise appearance.
While sharing the stage side by side, to cover Kanye West and Jay Z’s track Otis, Haze said that there needs to be camaraderie among female rappers and for her peers to band together to become the future of hip hop:
“No more pitting your favourite female rappers against each other. We are the future of rap.”
While onstage Iggy Azalea backed up Haze’s request for unity among female hip hop figures, expressing her friendship for Haze and offering her support:
“Angel’s always going to have a friend in me,… I support her. She’s a fucking star. She’s the future.”
Earlier in the year Haze became involved in a war of words with the always-feisty Azealia Banks. Banks, one of the
world’s Internet’s highest profile female rappers, has also conflicted with fellow MC Nikki Minaj and R&B singer Rita Ora.
Of course, beef between hip hop figures, regardless of gender, is nothing new. Time will tell if Haze’s message reaches her peers. One thing is for sure – with Banks reportedly handing over the password to her Twitter account to label Interscope, there should be a
little shit-ton less friction in the hip hop community for the time being.
- Anonymous Threatens Iggy Azalea With Sex Tape, Demands Apology To Azealia Banks
- Iggy Azalea May Not Tour Australia Until August 2015
- Iggy Azalea, Sia Amongst YouTube’s Most Watched Musicians of 2014
- Sia, Iggy Azalea Amongst Top 2015 Grammy Nominees
- Iggy Azalea & Lorde Battle It Out On ‘South Park’
- Azealia Banks Calls Out Iggy Azalea Over “Wannabe Black Girl Shit”