Punters at Future Music Festival Perth have been served a double dose of bad luck, with Rita Ora cancelling her appearance at today’s event at the Arena Joondalup.
A statement from promoters Future Entertainment and Mellen Events came through a short time ago, revealing that the UK pop sensation has had to pull out due to a throat infection. Doctors have ordered her to rest up in bed for the next day or two to prevent any further damage.
It is with great regret that Future Entertainment and Mellen Events announce Rita Ora will be unable to perform at Future Music Festival in Perth today due to a throat infection.
She has been ordered to bed rest for the next 24 – 48 hours and is expected to continue all up coming shows as scheduled.
Rita Ora wishes to extend an apology to her fans who were eagerly anticipating her Perth performance.
It’s unclear how Ora’s set time on the timetable is going to be filled.
Ora’s cancellation follows on from the major bummer of co-headliner Avicii pulling out of today’s event after he was hospitalised with stomach issues upon arriving in the country earlier this week. Subsequently, he didn’t perform at the opening leg of the festival in Brisbane last night either.
If you are heading to Future Music Festival in Perth today, you can check out our guide to the event with maps, timetables and transport information here.
You can also check out pictures of Rita Ora’s sideshow in Sydney on Friday night here.
- Azealia Banks Finally Explains Her Future Music Meltdown
- Rita Ora Joins ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ Movie
- Future Music’s Sale Facilitated By “Mystery Woman”
- Victoria Police Seek Power To Deny Drug Offenders Entry To Music Festivals
- BREAKING: Azealia Banks Cancels Set At Future Music Festival Adelaide Due To ‘Road Hags’
- Future Music Festival Adelaide 2013 – Timetable, Map And Transport Information