Dave Grohl has posted the cryptic message ‘Cut Me Some Slack’ in ransom letter style via his Sound City Movie Twitter Account along with the above image of Grohl smiling away with former Nirvana bandmates Krist Novoselic and Pat Smear.
Even Paul McCartney, who is heavily rumoured to perform with the reforming Nirvana and may have even co-written a new song with the 90′s Grunge act, has gotten in on the act.
“…any ideas what Dave Grohl and friends are spelling out over @soundcitymovie ?? #121212Concert”, McCartney tweeted
Before any of the letters were posted Sound City Movie tweeted, “We have something very special for you tonight NYC…”
Is ‘Cut Me Some Slack’ the title of the new song? Will tonight simply be McCartney, Grohl and co onstage together? Or will we see McCartney filling in for Cobain and Grohl, thumping the tom-toms for a Nirvana reunion?
UPDATE: Pat Smear, Krist Novoselic and Dave Grohl form Nirvana reunion and debut new song sung and co-written by Paul McCartney titled Cut Me Some Slack
- Dave Grohl On New Foo Fighters Album: ‘We’re Doing It In A Way No One’s Done Before’
- Dave Grohl Almost Didn’t Play Nirvana’s Iconic ‘MTV Unplugged’ Show
- Pixies Frontman To Kurt Cobain: “I’ll Agree With It, You Ripped Us Off”
- Paul McCartney Says He’s Not Writing New Songs, Will Dip Into The Vault
- Rock Hall Of Fame Nominates Nirvana, LL Cool J & The Replacements For 2014 Induction