Frank Ocean has told The Guardian that his debut album Channel Orange could also be his last.
“Storytelling’s a different thing,” he said. “It’s the more interesting part about making music for me, or making albums and songs and stuff. So much so that I might not make another album. I might just write a novel next. I don’t know!”
“I don’t ever want to be caught up in a system of thinking I can do one thing… But I do like to sing. I play piano every day. I enjoy that.”
Channel Orange – Ocean’s first solo album outside of his hip hop crew Odd Future – has been constantly rated as one of the best releases of 2012 in many end-of-year polls. The album just recently received six Grammy nominations.
Ocean famously declared shortly after the release of Channel Orange that he was involved in a same-sex relationship via Tumblr page.
- Frank Ocean Shares New Solo Music
- Brian Wilson Stands Firm On Lana Del Rey And Frank Ocean Collabs
- Eagles Frontman Whinges About Frank Ocean’s “Illegal” Sampling
- Frank Ocean Close To Completing New Album
- Frank Ocean Pays Chain Restaurant Chipotle To ‘F*** Off’
- LISTEN: Frank Ocean, Mick Jones, Paul Simonon & Diplo – ‘Hero’