Gallows guitarist Stephen Carter has split from the English hardcore outfit the day before Soundwave 2013 kicks off. The news came via Gallows’ Facebook page, where the band posted a statement, albiet light on details, regarding Cater’s’ departure.
Wishing Carter the best in future endeavours, Gallows stated they’ll continue as a quartet as they prepare to tour Australia: Steph has left Gallows and we wish him the best of luck with his future projects. We will be moving on as a four piece like the early days. First stop Australia.
Reports have suggested that Carter left Gallows to focus on his alternative project The Ghost Riders In The Sky. Although that may well be Carter’s intention, he’s leaving Gallows the day before touring Australia certainly lends itself to the idea that there is a deeper reason behind the break-up.
Gallows’ former frontman and Stephen’s brother Frank Carter left the band in 2011, citing the band had reached a ‘crossroads’. In September of last year, Gallows released their third studio album. The self-titled record marked the first LP since the departure of Frank, who was replaced with singer Wade Macneil.
Now Gallows will have to tour the new album without Stephen Carter as the band prepares to play Soundwave and 2 headlining gigs.
- Sleeping With Sirens Part Ways With Guitarist Jesse Lawson
- Sylosis Members Hospitalised Following RV Crash, Cancel Remaining Shows
- Bring Me The Horizon Release Music Video For New Single ‘Can You Feel My Heart’
- Sharks Abruptly Announce Their Break-Up, Effective Immediately
- Dave Lombardo No Longer Focusing On Slayer
- Warped Tour Australia 2013 – Line-Up Rumours Begin + All The Latest Info