Image for John Denison Says SupaFest 2013 Will Be Announced In February

John Denison Says SupaFest 2013 Will Be Announced In February

Written by Kiel Egging on January 5, 2013

In the latest instalment of the saga surrounding local hip-hop festival SupaFest, the festival’s founder (who is supposedly not involved with the event any more) has tweeted that the festival will return in 2013, with a lineup announcement in February.

John Denison, who was reported in May as a 39 per cent owner of the festival through his company Denison Corporation Pty Ltd, appeared to distance himself from the festival in his comments, later replying to a fan: “not involved mate just saying its happening!”.

If that’s the case, Denison seems to still have a few bits of inside knowledge on the festival. On Christmas Eve, when replying to a fan’s question about a possible 50 Cent Australian Tour in 2013, he replied: “Isn’t he doing Supafest?”

You can check out Denison’s tweets at the bottom of the page.

Supafest was a gigantic disaster this year, with headliners Diddy and Missy Elliot both dropping off the bill within weeks of the event taking place. Diddy claims that he never received his appearance fee, despite being “packed and ready to go”, while Missy claimed she was never booked to play in the first place. Rick Ross was also a no-show to the festival after it was revealed that he also didn’t receive advance payment for his performances.

Months after the event finished, there were delays for those who applied for ticket refunds following the three artists’ withdrawals, and a $2 million lawsuit from the American Talent Agency.

UPDATE: 22/02/13

SupaFest 2013 has been announced! Check out the details here!

Join Music Feeds on Facebook

More On Music Feeds

News

Wu Tang Clan’s GZA Is Collaborating With ‘Blade Runner’ Composer Vangelis on New Album

In news that will leave hip hop and ambient music fans either quivering in excitement or scratching their heads in confusion, Wu Tang Clan member GZA has just posted photos showing him in the studio with legendary film composer Vangelis, the Academy Award winner behind the soundtrack to Ridley Scott’s Blade Runner.

News

Ozzy Osbourne Working on “Really Special” New Album

Epic Records exec Sylvia Rhone has confirmed that Ozzy Osbourne is working on a “really special” new album, following the aging rocker’s solo performance at Epic Fest over the weekend.

News

James Hetfield & M. Shadows Auditioning To Play COD Zombies Is The Best Thing You’ll See Today

James Hetfield is creeping death in the new charity promo for Call Of Duty: Black Ops III.

News

At First Sight Returns In 2015, First Line-Up Announced

At First Sight returns to Sydney’s Carriageworks this month for a day of pop up record stalls, live music and more.

News

Gotye Working On New Album, Dedicated To Electronic Music Pioneers

Gotye is reportedly hard at work a new album, the follow up to 2011 hugely successful Making Mirrors, said to be taking shape as a concept album dedicated to electronic music pioneers.

News

World’s End Press Announce National ‘Tall Stories’ EP Tour

World’s End Press have followed up last week’s news of their new single and EP, both titled Tall Stories, announcing a tour in support of the EP, unsurprisingly named the Tall Stories EP Tour, kicking off in early October.

Around the web

This May Also Interest You