Triple J have uploaded the audio from the Noel Gallagher interview at Big Day Out yesterday, in which he describes Aussie band The Amity Affliction as sounding ‘like a dead turd’. The comment has caused an uproar with The Amity Affliction’s fans however the band members have taken it pretty lightly, posting on their Facebook page:
Noel Gallagher hates our band. Mum, we made it!!!
Gallagher asked the triple j presenter “Whats this?”, to which the presenter replied “The Amity Affliction: a little bit of melody, little bit of screaming and some triggered kick drums”.
“Sounds like a dead turd”, Gallagher replied.
Listen: Noel Gallagher’s Triple J Interview At BDO Gold Coast
Listen on triple J
Both The Amity Affliction and Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds will head to Sydney for the Big Day Out festival on Thursday.
- The UNIFY Gathering Lineup Is Here, And It’s Heavy As Fuck
- Review: The Amity Affliction – Let The Ocean Take Me
- The Amity Affliction Announce Massive Album Tour
- The Amity Affliction Bassist: “I’m Yet To Meet A Good Cop”
- Amity Affliction’s Ahren Stringer Gets Death Threats After “Cop Killer” Posts
- Bassinthegrass 2014 Full Lineup Announced