Noel Gallagher has described Australian band, The Amity Affliction, as sounding ‘like a dead turd’. Gallagher is in Australia for the Big Day Out Festival, performing tonight at the Gold Coast, The Amity Affliction are also playing.
Gallagher entered the triple j tent backstage to conduct an interview while one of The Amity Affliction’s songs were playing on the station. Gallagher asked the triple j presenter “Whats this?”, to which the presenter replied “The Amity Affliction: a little bit of melody, little bit of screaming and some triggered kick drums”.
“Sounds like a dead turd”, Gallagher replied.
Update: Listen To The Interview
Gallagher also explained that he won’t be visiting Uluru while he’s out in Australia because he’s ‘too busy being brilliant’:
Its the fourth time I’ve been here, the first time I was here I don’t think I left any of the hotels because I was too drunk. I’ve not seen a great deal of Australia, I’ve seen the Sydney Harbor Bridge and all that. You don’t get time to go out to Ayers Rock and all that, I’m too busy being brilliant…You can’t multi task brilliance.
The Big Day Out Festival continues in Sydney on Thursday 26th.
- Review: The Amity Affliction – Let The Ocean Take Me
- The Amity Affliction Announce Massive Album Tour
- The Amity Affliction Bassist: “I’m Yet To Meet A Good Cop”
- Amity Affliction’s Ahren Stringer Gets Death Threats After “Cop Killer” Posts
- Bassinthegrass 2014 Full Lineup Announced
- The Amity Affliction Detail New Album, Unveil Single ‘Pittsburgh’