American electro goodness outfit Passion Pit are getting ready to release their second album Gossamer, which is due for release at the end of July. In the lead-up to its release, we’ve now got a new track titled I’ll Be Alright, the follow-up on the first single Take a Walk, which we heard last month.
It’s been three years since they released their last album, and singer Michael Angelakos explains how the new record will differ from 2009 debut Manners:
“On Gossamer there is more of a dichotomy between the lyrics and the music. You hear my lyrics more precisely, which is something I was ready for. The lyrics on this album have a lot to say about what the last two years of my life have been troubled with.”
They’re looking good odds to appear on the Parklife 2012 lineup this year, and we’ll just have to wait and see what comes of that. For now, check out their track below.
Listen: Passion Pit – I’ll Be Alright
- #Passion Pit
- Passion Pit Explain Why Bands Cancel Gigs: “We’re The Most Disappointed”
- WIN: Passion Pit ‘Gossamer’ 12″ Vinyl Signed By The Band!
- WIN: Passion Pit Splendour In The Grass Sideshows Double Passes!
- Passion Pit – “It’s Time For The Music To Tell The Rest Of The Story”
- Passion Pit Announce Splendour In The Grass Sideshows, July 2013