Eminem‘s back! The Detroit rapper is working on a new album, the follow-up to 2010’s Recovery, and he’s just dropped the first whiff of new material, releasing a new track called Symphony In H for DJ Tony Touch’s upcoming mixtape, Piecemaker 3: The Return Of The 50 MCs.
Symphony In H may only be 90 seconds long but it’s full of Em’s trademark anger, energy and a bit of the old ultraviolence, suggesting that there’s plenty of new material to come from the 40-year-old. He told MTV that he had started work on his eighth studio album last August, saying, “I’ve actually kinda just started. I’ve been on the move a little bit too, so I’ve in between things, sneak songs in here and there.”
Long time collaborator DJ Alchemist has also confirmed that a new LP is on the way, telling RapFix Live that Slim Shady’s new stuff won’t disappoint. “[Eminem is] clearly going to further territories. I think what you would expect, especially after the last go-round. That’s my boss. I DJ for him and I’m not at liberty to speak on much, but you know his caliber and what he does.”
DJ Tony Touch’s Piecemaker 3: The Return Of The 50 MCs is out 9th July and also features Raekwon, Ghostface Killah, Busta Rhymes and Black Thought. Eminem’s yet-to-be-named album is expected later this year.
LISTEN: Eminem – Symphony in H
- Iggy Azalea Beats Eminem, Drake At American Music Awards
- Eminem Shares Free 66-Song ‘Shady Classics’ Mixtape
- Iggy Azalea Fires Back At “Old Man” Eminem’s Rape Lyric
- Listen To Eminem’s All-Star Track ‘Detroit Vs. Everybody’
- Eminem Pisses Off Just About Everybody With New Shady Records Cypher
- Dr Dre Surpasses Diddy To Become The Richest Star In Hip-Hop