Image for Man Dies At Rainbow Serpent Festival

Man Dies At Rainbow Serpent Festival

Written by John Ritchie on January 31, 2012

A 34-year-old man from Epping has been found dead following a suspected drug overdose at the Rainbow Serpent Festival in Victoria. Daniel Buccianti died in the early hours of Sunday morning. His last words to his mother were ‘Mum I have taken some very bad acid and everything is very odd here’, The Courier reports.

Mr Buccianti’s mother said:

He rang here that Saturday night at 6.15pm … and said, ‘Mum I have taken some very bad acid’ … I said, ‘Daniel don’t worry, you need to get yourself to St John Hospital really quickly’.

According to The Courier, Mr Buccianti had asked his mother to come pick him up from the festival, but 40 minutes later called back and told her he was OK. Police then informed his mother on Sunday morning of her son’s death.

Ms Buccianti has blamed the festival organisers for her son’s death saying ‘They should be shut down’.

Acting Senior Sergeant Stafford told The Age that the matter was now before the Coroner, and that it would be inappropriate to comment further at this time.

There are also reports that a second man was taken to Ballarat Base Hospital on Saturday night after suffering a cardiac arrest in connection with a drug overdose.

Join Music Feeds on Facebook

monitoring_string = "5ddc797c5ea15f4a20f5b456893873a5"