Soundwave organisers have managed to squeeze two more acts into their already bursting-at-the-seams lineup. Though rumours have been doing the rounds and every man and his dog have been speculating, today we can officially welcome both Mark Tremonti and Living with Lions to the bill.
Update 01/11: Looks like Mark Tremonti isn’t playing Soundwave 2013
Mark Tremonti has come a long way since the days of Creed. Though signs of movement have been seen in the band in recent times, Tremonti has found serious success through not only his other project Alter Bridge, but also with his more recent solo work. Tremonti revealed in an interview with Music Feeds (while in town with Alter Bridge for Soundwave) that a solo album is on the way, and Tremonti came good. Touring with a star-studded band all over the world, the band was suggested a week or so ago by Maddah as ‘going to happen’, but today marks the first 100% confirmation that they will be playing.
Now, onto the 2nd announcement that Maddah also promised. Key figures in the recent wave of pop punk Living with Lions will also be making the trip down for the full run of Soundwave dates. The band stormed onto the scene with their 2007 debut Dude Manor, and come 2008 when the band released Make Your Mark, already a huge following had begun. This following stayed true to the band for their 3rd release Holy Shit, which was dropped last year.
So there you go, even more bang for your buck. Who knows what surprises are on the horizon for Soundwave 2013. Keep those eyes peeled for other hidden gems that will pop up between now and show time.
— Soundwave Festival (@soundwavefest) October 30, 2012
- Blink-182 Considered Ditching Travis Barker After Soundwave No-Show
- Sleeping With Sirens Part Ways With Guitarist Jesse Lawson
- Sylosis Members Hospitalised Following RV Crash, Cancel Remaining Shows
- Bring Me The Horizon Release Music Video For New Single ‘Can You Feel My Heart’
- Alter Bridge Confirm September Release Date For New Album ‘Fortress’
- Sharks Abruptly Announce Their Break-Up, Effective Immediately