QOTSA have gone out of their way to confuse the hell out of us, and gee us up for their forthcoming album in one fell swoop. The letter, which was sent through to Mojo Magazine (Via Anti-Quiet) is a total trip-out but is sure to contain some clues.
It begins by referencing the known quote ‘a stitch in time will save you nine’, suggesting that they are working quickly to get the album done, though clouding things up as they interject with ‘But…’
The letter reads as though written from the minds that only those in Queens of the Stone Age have. A recurring motif of the album seems to be the concept of walking through a dream. The gang add to previous statements by Homme on the subject, stating, “This record sounds like running in a dream, inside a codeine cabaret’, which is about as weird as you can get.
The band also use the opportunity to express the album as a manic and unpredictable release, focusing on real time issues, which will probably result in some super vivid and intense tracks. Dave Grohl appears to be right, the album is sounding totally out of control.
Check out the letter below; see what sense you can make of it! So far no release date has been announced, though we know that a stellar cast has been involved.
- Courtney Barnett, Pond, Jagwar Ma Top NME’s 2013 Top 50 Lists
- Dave Grohl On New Foo Fighters Album: ‘We’re Doing It In A Way No One’s Done Before’
- Trent Reznor FaceTimes Terminally Ill Friend On Stage
- QOTSA Unveil Interactive ‘Vampyre Of Time And Memory’ Video
- Nine Inch Nails Make Debut Network TV Appearance, Play Cuts From ‘Hesitation Marks’