QOTSA have gone out of their way to confuse the hell out of us, and gee us up for their forthcoming album in one fell swoop. The letter, which was sent through to Mojo Magazine (Via Anti-Quiet) is a total trip-out but is sure to contain some clues.
It begins by referencing the known quote ‘a stitch in time will save you nine’, suggesting that they are working quickly to get the album done, though clouding things up as they interject with ‘But…’
The letter reads as though written from the minds that only those in Queens of the Stone Age have. A recurring motif of the album seems to be the concept of walking through a dream. The gang add to previous statements by Homme on the subject, stating, “This record sounds like running in a dream, inside a codeine cabaret’, which is about as weird as you can get.
The band also use the opportunity to express the album as a manic and unpredictable release, focusing on real time issues, which will probably result in some super vivid and intense tracks. Dave Grohl appears to be right, the album is sounding totally out of control.
Check out the letter below; see what sense you can make of it! So far no release date has been announced, though we know that a stellar cast has been involved.
- Sweden’s Truckfighters To Tour Australia In January
- Billy Corgan Calls Pearl Jam “Derivative”, Says Foo Fighters “Haven’t Evolved”
- Hear Dave Grohl’s Long-Lost Solo Track ‘Hooker On The Street’
- How Kurt Cobain Gave Dave Grohl’s Foo Fighters Demo His Blessing
- Dave Grohl Doesn’t Care How Much You Pay For His Music: “Just Listen To The Fucking Song”
- Watch QOTSA Reteam With Nick Oliveri, Play Classic Tunes For Halloween