Rancid‘s 2009 album Let the Dominoes Fall will now have an older brother. The band have taken to the interwebs to announce via photographic evidence that they have begun work on a brand-new album.
News has come in dribs and drabs since October 2012 on the new album but no firm details are really known. The band is yet to confirm who will be producing it – Bad Religion’s Brett Gurewitz has produced the last 4 releases but given that he’ll be touring with BR come March his return is in question.
Loudwire reported that the album is expected sometime early 2013 though the latest update will probably push that back to the middle of this year.
Whether or not this will hinder or help the very much teased forthcoming Transplants album is yet to be seen. Without wanting to sound greedy… Make with the goods already, Armstrong!
Rancid – “Recording has begun.” (via Facebook)
- Watch Rancid Tear Through 3 Songs From Their New Album
- Rancid Announce New Album, Share Cover Art And Tracklist
- AJ Maddah: “Rancid Are Not Coming Back To Australia”
- Review: Transplants – In A Warzone
- Blink-182, Fall Out Boy And Motörhead Top Absolutely Massive Riot Fest 2013 Lineup
- Transplants ‘In A Warzone’ Set For June Release