For their entry into the annuls of triple j’s Like A Version, one of our most successful musical exports of late San Cisco have set their sights high. This morning, the Perth crew belted out their indie infused, but still damn funky rendition of the international chart topper Get Lucky by Daft Punk, with a tasty extra feature.
When the endless loop of the original track is replaced with live guitars and drums, Get Lucky becomes a totally different animal. The transition is so smooth that many people may not realise that this particular version of the song is padded out with a cheeky mash-up with N*E*R*D’s Hypnotise U, which seamlessly blends back into the debut single from Daft Punk’s Random Access Memories for the finale. The band also find some space for a little bit of shred, plenty of slap bass and bongo drums.
San Cisco seem unable to do anything that’s less than totally awesome. The band has recently taken the world by storm with relentless touring and their self-titled release dropped late 2012, showing no indication of slowing its row any time soon.
Watch: San Cisco – Get Lucky/Hypnotise U
- Watch The Bennies’ Epic TISM Cover For ‘Like A Version’
- San Cisco Announce ‘Gracetown’ National Album Tour
- Watch Hiatus Kaiyote Rework Gorillaz For ‘Like A Version’
- Watch Little May Cover ‘Great Southern Land’ For ‘Like A Version’
- San Cisco Announce New Album ‘Gracetown’, Share New Single
- Watch Royal Blood Cover Cold War Kids For ‘Like A Version’