Sonic Youth’s Thurston Moore has started up a new band called Chelsea Light Moving.
Moore has enlisted Keith Wood on guitar, Samara Lubelski on bass and John Moloney on drums for the new group – which has formed following the presumed demise of Sonic Youth earlier this year.
Moore split with his wife of 27 years and Sonic Youth bandmate Kim Gordon in November last year. Since then, Sonic Youth guitarist Lee Ranaldo has said the future of the band remains “up in the air”.
According to DIY, Chelsea Light Moving are playing their first live shows in the USA next month – with an album set for release later this year.
You can listen to and download their first single Burroughs at Pitchfork.
- Thurston Moore’s Iconic Guitar Stolen From Motel
- Thurston Moore, The Hi-Fi – Brisbane – 27/10/12
- Win: Thurston Moore (Sonic Youth) Double Passes
- Sonic Youth Reclaim Two Guitars Stolen In 1999
- Sonic Youth Announce New Live Album Recorded In 1985
- Thurston Moore (Sonic Youth) 2012 Australian Tour Dates Announced