Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler is getting restless over the release of his long-awaited solo album. It seems that Tyler hooked up with the great Johnny Depp and the two made sweet music together and the legendary rocker wants to strike while the iron is hot.
A solo effort from Tyler has been in the works for several years now and came to a head in 2011 with the track Feels So Good but soon lost steam. But now, following on from what we gather were very successful writing sessions with Depp – who often moonlights as a musician – Tyler has given the project a much-needed shot in the arm.
“I’m just doing a solo record ’cause I think it’s fucking kinky to go write a song with Johnny Depp. I think it’s fucking ridiculous to go write a bunch of songs I started five years ago and never finished. It feeds my passion. I like travelling all over the place and writing songs and seeing what we catch. It’s kind of like driftnetting for songs.”
Aerosmith fans needn’t worry about the upcoming record either, as it in no way indicates the band will be closing for business. Says Tyler, “No, the band’s not breaking up… Me doing a solo record doesn’t mean the band isn’t working on a record.”
(Via Contact Music)
- Watch Johnny Depp Kill A Solo On Stage With Aerosmith
- Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler Surprises And Jams With Two Street Performers
- Axl Rose Is Actually The Greatest Singer Of All Time, Says Chart
- Aerosmith’s Indonesian Tour Cancelled After Bomb Threat
- Steven Tyler To Get Naked With Fans On Google+ Hangout
- Aerosmith Cancel Sydney Show To Co-Headline Stone Fest?