Ever imagined Jack Sparrow or Willy Wonka would join Alice Cooper on stage? Well, if you were at Cooper’s gig in LA last night, your fantasy came true.
Actor Johnny Depp joined the infamous shock rocker at the Orpheum Theatre for several tracks in his 90-minute set. The show was part of Cooper’s current tour around North America, which he is doing to mark the 40th anniversary of his landmark debut album (and single) School’s Out.
Depp joined three other guitarists within Cooper’s band, including Australia’s Orianthi, who was originally going to play with Michael Jackson in his This Is It tour in 2009. The female rocker oozed stage presence, according to Rolling Stone, and stole the show during the performance of Cooper’s hits I’ll Bite Your Face Off and Hey Stoopid.
Meanwhile, Depp made his way on stage for a cover of The Doors’ Break On Through (to the Other Side) and then stayed on stage with the band for the rest of the gig to belt out a series of other classic rock covers. You can watch videos of these below.
The night rounded out with – surprise, surprise – School’s Out, which, according to Rolling Stone, saw the room explode with “confetti, bubbles, streamers, feathers and balloons, finally sending fans home with their eardrums and eyeballs shaken and stirred”.
- Watch Johnny Depp, Die Antwoord’s Ninja & Marilyn Manson Smash ‘The Beautiful People’
- Watch Ryan Adams Cover Danzig With Johnny Depp
- Watch Paul McCartney And Johnny Depp’s Half-Hour Improvised Jam Session
- Watch Johnny Depp Kill A Solo On Stage With Aerosmith
- Watch Foo Fighters Cover The Rolling Stones, Queen And More
- Music Feeds LIVE: Richie Sambora & Orianthi Streaming This Tuesday