Tool fans will have their patience tested at least another 12 months as they continue to imagine what a follow-up to 2006′s 10,000 Days might sound like. As reported by Banana 101.5, frontman Maynard James Keenan has put the kibosh on a new Tool album being released in 2013, and all signs point to the singer concentrating on Puscifer for the foreseeable future.
According to Banana 101.5, Keenan told Spanish radio station Radio Futuro that he hasn’t been working on any new Tool material. “No new disc. Not this year … I have not written any songs. So no, there is nothing,” Maynard explained. The news comes despite reports late last year that a new album from Tool was “halfway there“.
Keenan also said no new album is on the horizon for A Perfect Circle, with his focus currently on the release of Puscifer’s EP Donkey Punch the Night, due out 19th February. As posted on the band’s Facebook page about an hour ago, Puscifer has a surprise for fans on their website. Apparently you can find a couple of new tracks there…if you can get the website to load.
- Tool Finally Explain The Delay Behind Their New Album
- Tool’s Adam Jones Shares “New” Music
- Maynard Wants Fans To Stop Blaming Him For Lack Of Tool Progress
- Tool Return To Work On New Studio Album
- 2014′s Best April Fool’s Jokes
- Maynard James Keenan Puts $2.795M House On Market