Hot off the heels of the line up announcement for sister event Falls Festival 2013/2014, the roster for Western Australia’s Southbound is our hands, seeing most (but not all) of the Falls lineup making the journey across the country, including Vampire Weekend, MGMT and Grizzly Bear.
Headliners The Roots sadly won’t be making the trip, nor will Cyril Hahn, but save those names the full contingent of Falls names will set up camp at Southbound’s usual haunt of Sir Stewart Bovell Park in Bussellton the weekend after New Year’s.
This year Southbound overlaps with the final day of Falls in Byron, turning the Falls/Southbound tour into something of a mad cross-country dash for the acts on the bill. The 2014 iteration of Southbound will also mark the festival’s 10th anniversary, a strong indication that these guys know how to throw a damn fine party.
Just as you’d expect, there’s an array of ticketing options including camping and otherwise. Tickets go on sale Monday, 2nd September via Moshtix.
Southbound Festival 2014
Friday, 3rd January – Saturday, 4th January
Sir Steward Bovell Park, Bussellton
Southbound 2014 lineup
(!!!) CHK CHK CHK
Hanni El Khatib
James Vincent McMorrow
The Cat Empire
- Chet Faker Is One Of The Most Blogged About Artists Of 2014
- SBTRKT & Vampire Weekend’s Ezra Koenig Collab On New Track
- London Grammar Reschedule Splendour Sideshow Dates
- The Presets Replacing London Grammar At Splendour In The Grass
- Watch Chet Faker Make A Song From Scratch With GoldLink
- Hear Thumpers’ Sterling Cover Of Flume & Chet Faker’s ‘Drop The Game’