By now you’ve undoubtedly had Karen O’s voice stuck in your head as the frontwoman sings the chorus to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs latest single Sacrilege, and now you’ll have the images from the latest video flashing before your eyes for the next week or so too.
The lead single from upcoming album Mosquito, the infectious Sacrilege has been on heavy rotation at triple j. For those who are suffering from a high dose of mental playback there are now some visuals to go along with the song, with the official video being released. Be forewarned, although the music may be a welcome intrusion into your mind, the music video is a little disturbing in the tale it tells.
We won’t give too much away about the story other than the clip starts at the end and opens with a modern-day witch burning before taking us back to see what led to the chilling situation. Oh, and there’s a fair bit of sexing as well.
Yeah Yeah Yeahs fourth studio album Mosquito is expected to be released on 16th April.
Watch: Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Sacrilege
- Rainbow Chan Releases Nick Zinner ‘Haircut’ Remix
- Karen O Contributes New Track ‘The Moon Song’ To Spike Jonze’s ‘Her’
- Damon Albarn, Alex Kapranos, Flea And Nick Zinner To Release Track For Charity
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs’ ‘Despair’ Is First Video Clip Shot Atop Empire State Building
- Get Bitten By Yeah Yeah Yeahs’ New Video For ‘Mosquito’