Wolfmother fans, rejoice – the band has very, very recently announced a surprise gig that will be taking place very, very soon…as in, less than an hour from now. To celebrate the release of their latest clip to the recently released Wolfmother/Andrew Stockdale track Long Way To Go, the band will be performing a free gig this afternoon at 4pm in Byron Bay.
According to a Facebook status update posted by Wolfmother bassist Ian Peres, the show will be taking place in Byron Bay’s industrial estate and the performance will be totally free. The boys are adamant that you should bring some friends along and have also explained that they will be performing more tracks from the forthcoming record.
Up until this point, we had thought that the new material would be released under Andrew Stockdale’s name, after the singer suggested the end of days for Wolfmother – but we aren’t getting off the hook that easy! It seems that the band are releasing a new album as Wolfmother and are in fine gigging form.
If you’re reading this, guys, give us a press release next time!
4/15 Tasman way, Byron Bay
- Tickets To Black Sabbath, Faith No More, Motörhead Accidentally Sold For $4.52
- Wolfmother Drop Surprise New Album ‘New Crown’ Overnight
- Wolfmother, Foo Fighters Bookies Favourites To Replace Blur At BDO
- Wolfmother Want To Replace Blur At Big Day Out 2014
- Andrew Stockdale Revives Wolfmother After Shortest Break-Up Ever
- Review: Andrew Stockdale – Keep Moving