Former Australian Idol contestant Paulini has a colourful history with driving. In fact, since competing in the debut season of the reality tv singing comp all the way back in 2003 (alongside fellow OG’s Guy Sebastian and Shannon Noll) her various driving offences have probably made more headlines than her professional endeavours.
In total, the Young Diva has copped 10 separate offences since getting her L’s back in 2002, the most serious of which was in 2017, when she pleaded guilty to bribing a government official in exchange for a fake license, which she ended up getting round with for a year.
According to the Daily Tele, here’s every offence that Paulini has copped until the present day:
- $123 fine in 2013 for speeding.
- $208 fine in 2014 for speeding.
- $384 for driving with an expired license in 2007.
- $647 for driving on L’s unaccompanied and $197 for not displaying plates in 2009.
- $206 for not displaying L plates in 2011.
- $300 for driving on L’s unaccompanied in 2013, suspended for three months.
- $800 for driving with a cancelled license in 2014, suspended for twelve months.
- $815 for driving on L’s unaccompanied and $248 for not displaying plates in 2016.
- $189 for speeding in a school zone in 2017.
- Good behaviour bond for pleading guilty to bribery in 2017
…which makes it all the more momentous, then, that the beloved singer has finally earned her full licence.
To mark the occasion, Paulini took to social media with a celebratory post, poking fun at her controversial past behind the wheel.
“So something happened… This time I did it the right way…The legal way,” she wrote on Instagram.
“I got my LICENCE, I sat the test, I did the driving test and I passed. I can’t tell you how empowering it feels to have done it. I learnt to trust in my own ability.”
She continued: “Last attempt, I didn’t have the confidence that I could do it… I was so wracked with anxiety… (So I tried to buy one… and we all know how that ended).”
She then added playfully, “Give me a wave if you see me out and about on the roads. (Or maybe don’t I should be focused with two hands on the steering wheel)”
Check her full post below.
View this post on Instagram