News

First Bluesfest 2016 Lineup Announcement Will Arrive This Friday

Byron Bay’s Bluesfest may not be until April 2016 but they’re already getting ready to drop their first bunch of artists upon us.

This Friday, 17th July we will get the first lineup announcement, which is said to feature three “very famous artists” who will be playing exclusively at Bluesfest and will also be a mix of contemporary blues and classic artists.

While they’re the only clues organisers are giving away for now, there’s not long to wait until all is revealed.

Earlier this year festival director Peter Noble indicated that he’s planning on shaking things up at Bluesfest in 2016. He said he would like to feature around 20 contemporary artists who have either never toured Australia before or never been on a Bluesfest lineup. He also said he was in talks with a number of “genuine legends” for next year.

The headliner slot is also likely to be moved to 5pm each day so that the whole family can enjoy it.

Noble will no doubt be hoping for a little better luck than the festival had in 2015. Headliners The Black Keys and Lenny Kravitz cancelled their appearances while Sheppard and Ben Howard also pulled out. Still, the festival managed a stellar lineup which included Ben Harper, David Gray, Paolo Nutini and Band Of Skulls.

Tickets are on-sale now and if you want to save some cash, it’s best to get them now before the price goes up after the first lineup announcement.

Watch: Byron Bay Bluesfest 2015 – Official Highlights Finale

Latest on Music Feeds

Load more