For those looking for a sound property investment in the Hollywood Hills, Beats Music creator Dr Dre has just put his old mansion onto the market and he’s asking for an easy $35 million.
At almost almost 10,000 square feet, the mansion sits on one of the coveted “bird streets” above the Los Angeles Sunset Strip and according to the real estate listing, the home has six bedrooms, nine baths, a library and media room, a guest house and wine cellar, as well as a pool and patio that offer panoramic views of the city of angels.
The property market must be doing fairly well as Dre reportedly bought the mansion in 2011 for just $15.4 million, less than half of his current asking price. Dre is planning on moving to bigger diggs, reports The Los Angeles Times, having recently purchased NFL star Tom Brady and supermodel Gisele Bündchen‘s Californian mansion for $40 million.
Cash Kings 2013: The World’s 10 Highest-Paid Hip-Hop Artists
1. P. Diddy ($50 million) - How can this be? P. Diddy hasn't been popular since he changed his name to be more child friendly. Ciroc vodka. That's how. The rapper can attribute most of this cash to the success of the brand as well as his record label Bad Boy as well as his Sean John clothing label and probably the odd sale from 1997's No Way Out.
2. Jay Z ($43 million)
- He may not be #1 but $43,000,000 is still some serious cheese. A natural born business man, Jay-Z is always scheming something. The cool $5 million deal with Samsung surely didn't hurt this net figure leaving the other $38 million to come from Armand De Brignac alcohol sales.
dr dre 050410
3. Dr. Dre ($40 million) - This one's easy to explain. Create an average quality headphone set, mark up the price 800%, get enough famous people to wear them so the unwashed masses feel they want, nay, need a pair and viola, $40 million.
4. Nicki Minaj ($29 million) - Narrowing in on a radio friendly, yet kinda gangsta niche, say what you will about Minaj but she's doing something different and it's working. Penning a cash-heavy deal with American Idol doesn't hurt either.
5. Birdman ($21 million) - One of the Cash Money Records tycoons, Birdman is probably struggling to get out of the way of the money. Once again, Vodka sales played a role in this figure.
6. Kanye West ($20 million) - Leather jogging pants, snowman outfits and Maybach vehicles. $20 Million may seem like a lot but not if you're this much of a douche. Fail, Kanye. I believed in you. Hmph.
7. Lil Wayne ($16 million) - Lil Wayne is also another puppet master of Cash Money Records, though didn't tie with counterpart Birdman as Wayne probably blew most of it on legal bills. Legal bills and codine. Wayne also earns passive income from his own record label Young Money.
8. Wiz Khalifa ($14 million) - Wiz Khalife is doing suprisingly well for a newbie to the game. Life shows and a killer follow up album saw Wiz make it to the list. Mind you he better keep it up as $14 mill isn't enough to keep Amber Rose happy.
9. Ludacris ($12 million - With his new album still yet to be released, Luda is relying on the cash from Soul heaphone sales, live shows, his mad acting skills and that sweet, sweet 'fuck you' Conjure Congac money.
10. Pitbull ($11 million) - Unfortunately, there are people out there who like this dude. Sales of his latest album Global Warming saw Mr. Worldwide's bank account soar. Touring played it's part as did sponsors with Kodak and Dr. Pepper so kids, remember, you can make double-digit millions by scrapping the barrel.