The beans have been counted in The Faction’s Hardest 100 of 2021, revealing Australia’s favourite rock, punk and metal tracks of last year.
The results were counted down live on the air on the Aussie heavy music streaming station over the weekend, with a homegrown act Make Them Suffer taking out the top slot with their track ‘Contraband’ featuring Courtney LaPlante from Spiritbox.
Here’s what the rest of the top 10 looked like:
1. Make Them Suffer – Contraband feat. Courtney LaPlante
2. Bring Me The Horizon – die4u
3. Northlane – Clockwork
4. Spiritbox – Circle With Me
5. Architects – Impermanence
6. The Amity Affliction – Like Love
7. Lorna Shore – To The Hellfire
8. Architects – Dead Butterflies
9. Eskimo Callboy – We Got The Moves
10. Northlane – Echo Chamber
The heavy alternative to triple j‘s annual Hottest 100 is now in its 5th year and saw over 60K votes lodged, proving the local heavy music community is more alive than ever.