Iconic Melbourne venue, Fitzroy’s Pinnacle Hotel has suffered extensive damage, after a fire broke out in the building this weekend.
Reports Fairfax, a fire broke out inside the historic venue this past Saturday morning and was brought under control just after 10am. A spokesman for the Metropolitan Fire Brigade said the fire had been contained to the lower ground floor and said it may have been caused by a clothes dryer.
While the damage to the venue is estimated to be between around $150,000 to $200,000, operators took to Facebook to ensure patrons that no-one was harmed and promised that the hotel will be
“back bigger and better soon”.
“We’ll keep you posted on re-opening,” they added.
Gigs were scheduled to take place at the venue this weekend, though it currently remains unclear if they will go ahead.
— Incident Alert-VicSA (@incident_alert) November 6, 2015