Billboard have reported that Facebook has ended on its first public quarter with a drop in share prices of more than 10 percent.Despite Facebook boasting a gain in user numbers and reporting stronger-than-predicted revenue yesterday, the company’s stock dropped $2.74 in after-hours trading.
The slump could see Facebook’s stock being the next quarter at its lowest level since going public. When Facebook went on the stock exchange in May, shares finished 23 cents higher than their opening price after the first day of trading in the USA.
Soon after share prices dropped around 11 percent after Nasdaq suffered from being unable to clearly communicate electronically with brokerages who handle individual investor’s orders. The problem meant that investors could not confirm if their orders had been processed.
- Facebook’s Listening In To Your Music, Definitely Not Your Conversations
- Eminem Publisher Sues Facebook Over Sound-Alike, Facey Say They Only Wanted To Rip Off Michael Jackson
- Facebook To Cash In On Celebrity Face-Stalkers With Paid Messaging
- Facebook’s News Feed Redesign Will Feature Music-Specific Tab
- Instagram Requests Government Issued ID, Freezes Accounts Until Verified
- New Facebook Search Engine Makes You More Vulnerable To Stalkers Than Ever