After a mass take-over of the blogosphere with her debut album, Santigold rode that wave right out, making us wait 4 years for this follow-up. First time around she genre-mashed, seamlessly creating a masterpiece of originality. Master of My Make-Believe is the new instalment, and despite the fact that it features an A-list line-up of production prowess from the likes of TV on the Radio’s Dave Sitek, Boys Noize and Yeah Yeah Yeah’s Nick Zinner, that mass fan base she built like rapid fire may not be so pleasantly surprised by the ‘closer-to-pop’ sound of this album. Music Feeds Senior Music Reporter Patrick Abboud spoke to Ms. Santi White (pronounced Saahnti – as she reminds us persistently) about the new release and her seemingly 4-year hiatus.
Listen to the interview
- Watch: Santigold Releases Video For ‘Girls’
- Listen: Santigold Unveils New Track ‘Girls’
- Podcast: Santigold – Believing in Make-Believe
- Santigold Australian Tour Dates 2012 – Harvest Festival Sideshows
- Santigold Claims She Foresaw 9/11