Sydney DJ producer Alison Wonderland has had her dream come true today while in town for Splendour in the Grass. After her recent interview with Feeds, Alison confessed to the crew her undying love for The Smashing Pumpkins and her long-time idol Billy Corgan; the next day she found herself sitting at a breakfast table having a meal with the man himself.
Following a performance at Channel V’s Splendour Breakfast party this morning, Alison caught word that Corgan was in the building. After a request for a photo with the Smashing Pumpkins’ frontman, Alison soon found herself being invited for a private breakfast with Corgan and his manager.
Though she admitted to being star-struck by the rock star, Alison seemed struck by just how genuine Billy really was. The two carried conversations on music, life, and everything else as they sat at a vegan restaurant in Byron Bay. One of the concerns Alison held prior to meeting Corgan was the issue of your idol not living up to your hopes, essentially seeing your heroes turn human in front of you. However, after we caught up with the now world famous DJ, it was obvious her idol was everything she hoped for and more.
Check out the interview below; her excitement is dangerously contagious.
- Falls Festival 2014/2015 Lineup
- Alison Wonderland Announces Last Headline Shows For 2014
- Hear Alison Wonderland’s New EP Track ‘Lies’
- Alison Wonderland: “Collaborating Just For Self-Promotion Can Suck My Dick”
- Alison Wonderland Announces ‘The Rural Juror Touror’
- Alison Wonderland Unleashes New ‘I Want U’ Music Video