Sydney DJ producer Alison Wonderland has had her dream come true today while in town for Splendour in the Grass. After her recent interview with Feeds, Alison confessed to the crew her undying love for The Smashing Pumpkins and her long-time idol Billy Corgan; the next day she found herself sitting at a breakfast table having a meal with the man himself.
Following a performance at Channel V’s Splendour Breakfast party this morning, Alison caught word that Corgan was in the building. After a request for a photo with the Smashing Pumpkins’ frontman, Alison soon found herself being invited for a private breakfast with Corgan and his manager.
Though she admitted to being star-struck by the rock star, Alison seemed struck by just how genuine Billy really was. The two carried conversations on music, life, and everything else as they sat at a vegan restaurant in Byron Bay. One of the concerns Alison held prior to meeting Corgan was the issue of your idol not living up to your hopes, essentially seeing your heroes turn human in front of you. However, after we caught up with the now world famous DJ, it was obvious her idol was everything she hoped for and more.
Check out the interview below; her excitement is dangerously contagious.
- Alison Wonderland Shares New Single, Details Debut Album ‘Run’
- The Coachella 2015 Lineup Has Dropped, And It’s Topped By AC/DC
- Alison Wonderland To Headline Mountain Sounds Festival 2015
- Watch 40 Triple J Favourites Try To Write The Ultimate Hottest 100 Song
- Alison Wonderland’s War Stories: Taking Aussie Tough To The US
- Alison Wonderland Pulls Out Of BIGSOUND Live 2014