There was a period of time where we all thought we’d heard the last of AnCo, but lately news has been coming in thick and fast as the band preps their new album for release.
Earlier, Music Feeds reported that the band had released two preview tracks into the wild wild web, available for stream through Gorilla Vs. Bear. This news was backed up with a serious list of international tour dates. Though Australia is yet to land on the schedule, it won’t be much longer until it is. And now, the band has provided all those fans salivating at the mouth for more with the tripped-out album art.
As Pitchfork has it, Brian Weitz, part of the the Collective, believes the album will be taking the band “back to our roots”, further adding, “we got a little practice space in this barn on Josh [Dibb, aka Deakin]’s mom’s property and it was basically like being a garage band again… This one we wrote more as a rock band in a room and we wanted to record it that way as well.”
With UK and US release dates locked in for the 3rd and 4th of September respectively, we can expect it on Aussie shelves sometime around then. Check out the album teaser in the meantime.
- Animal Collective Get A Pizza Named After Them
- WATCH: Animal Collective’s Panda Bear Talks Finally Nailing Down Daft Punk In New ‘Collaborators’ Video
- Animal Collective Cancel NZ BDO Sideshow, Re-Schedule Sydney Date
- Animal Collective – Exponential Experimental
- Watch: Animal Collective Perform ‘Rosie Oh’ On Fallon
- Animal Collective Australian Tour 2013 – Big Day Out Sideshows