Montreal indie sweethearts Arcade Fire have self-confirmed that they’ll be headlining Glastonbury next June, with the Reflektor stars breaking the good news via Twitter that they’ll be playing on the Friday night.
Win Butler and company posted an image to Twitter (below), with the band’s name spelled out in scrabble letters and the dates of Glastonbury, as well as festivals Rock In Roma, Villa Franca Di Verona, and a date at Dublin’s Marlay Park, accompanied by the text ‘Next year, one week in June’.
And organiser Emily Eavis was quick to confirm, tweeting “We’re very happy to let you know that Arcade Fire are headlining next years Glastonbury. Happy Christmas to you all..” The 7-piece are now the second definite act for the bill, following last month’s disclosure from Lily Allen that she’s playing the beloved festival on the Sunday night.
Arcade Fire’s headline position, however, is contrary to Michael Eavis‘ talk last September that the 2014 top honours would go to Glastonbury virgins, with the outfit having graced the stages of the festival back in 2007.
If you can’t quite make the trip over the UK, luckily the outfit are teaming up with Pearl Jam to headlining our very own Big Day Out, kicking off on 19th January on the Gold Coast before making its way around the country.
Next year, one week in June pic.twitter.com/mzfhRg0Ut0
— Arcade Fire (@arcadefire) December 19, 2013
We're very happy to let you know that Arcade Fire are headlining next years Glastonbury. Happy Christmas to you all..
— Emily Eavis (@emilyeavis) December 19, 2013
(via Consequence Of Sound)
- Watch Arcade Fire’s Low Budget Horror Film Starring The National, Fleet Foxes & More
- Meet The Inuit Throat Singer Who Beat Arcade Fire & Drake For Canada’s Best Album
- Arcade Fire, Bon Iver And The Strokes Members Form Pop All Star Band
- Flume Shares Arcade Fire ‘Afterlife’ Remix
- Watch Arcade Fire Cover The ‘Beverly Hills Cop’ Theme In Los Angeles
- Arcade Fire’s California Shows Had Marriage Proposals And Hard Rock Covers