Longtime Beastie Boys Producer Mario C has told NME there is plenty of material left over from the band that could be released in the future.
C, real name Mario Caldato Jr – who worked on four of the band’s records including Paul’s Boutique, Check Your Head, Ill Communication and Hello Nasty – said there were a handful of songs that didn’t make it onto each of the records that may see the light of day.
“There’s a handful of extra stuff from each record apart from Paul’s Boutique“, he said. “I actually went through it all recently and checked out a few things that weren’t used for Hello Nasty and there’s definitely two or three tracks that didn’t get utilized that could be utilized.”
Having said that, C said fans shouldn’t expect to see anything released straight away: “We’ll take it slowly. No-one’s thinking of doing anything right away. It’s too soon.”
The potential release of the material has been mooted following the death of band member Adam ‘MCA’ Yauch last month after his long battle with cancer.
- Watch The Unreleased Beastie Boys, Nas ‘Too Many Rappers’ Video
- Beastie Boys “Can’t Make New Music” Since MCA’s Death
- Ben Gibbard, Ad-Rock And Flying Lotus Score Sundance Films
- Beastie Boys Wrote A Film Script With Spike Jonze
- Beastie Boys File Suit Against US Toymaker
- Toymaker Makes Peace Offering To Beastie Boys