Along with this morning’s second line-up announcement Big Day Out organisers have made some changes to the festival in Perth and Adelaide.
Both dates will now be on one main stage, and some acts have been trimmed off the bill. Organisers believe that, while it’s a shame that it has been scaled down, it will also help recapture the early days vibe of the festival.
Big Day Out 2012 Perth Changes
- Kanye West, Hilltop Hoods and Mariachi El Bronx will not be on the line-up.
- The Perth leg of the festival will also be moving from Claremont Showground to Brownes Stadium in Lathlain Park
Big Day Out 2012 Adelaide Changes
- Kanye West, The Living End and also Mariachi El Bronx will not be on the line-up.
Big Day Out have offered 3 forms of compensation for unhappy punters: the opportunity to get a full refund; exchange a Perth or Adelaide ticket for an East Coast Big Day Out ticket; or a credit voucher to use on merchandise.
Big Day Out organisers statement this morning:
“For our 20th year we have chosen to rebuild the Perth and Adelaide events from the ground up, with a goal to recapturing the magic of early Big Day Out shows.
Triggered by the need to change venues and the limited space available at our new site we have decided to look back to see the future for BDO.
We are not just moving the show to a more suitable venue but changing the entire design. We are excited the bands are into the idea and we know you will be too. One main stage, no D barricade, Skating & Skate stage in the main arena, Green stage, Boiler Room, Giant Water Slide, Show ‘N’ Shine and much, much more!”
- Listen: Kasabian Release ‘Narcotic Farm II’
- Big Day Out 2012 Ticket Sales The Worst In Years
- Fred Dust Dedicates Australian Tour To Jessica Michalik
- Big Day Out 2012 – Perth: Set Times, Maps + Transport
- Big Day Out Adelaide Sees Dismal Crowds