Sharon Osbourne has delivered some great news for Australians recently, confirming via Triple M’s Merrick and the Highway Patrol that Black Sabbath will be touring Australia in spring of next year.
That’s not even all the good news: Shaz has also said that the band, featuring husband Ozzy, will be touring once they finish recording some new material. So there’s a double treat for fans of the Sabbath.
If there’s anyone in the know, it would be the America’s Got Talent judge, who not only managed Ozzy’s solo career masterfully, but her father Don Arden managed Black Sabbath before Ozzy was fired. Telling Merrick during an interview, after being questioned about a Black Sabbath tour, Sharon responded “Of course you are”, said Sharon Osbourne. “[Black Sabbath] is in the studio right now with Rick Rubin recording. And they are going to be touring here in the spring of next year. Definitely.”
There’s no word yet on whether this will be the full lineup, but it’s a good start so far. Yet another band to add to the already bursting bag if live music that is 2013.
Update 31/10/2012: Australian Tour Dates have been announced, find out more details here
Thursday, 25th April
Entertainment Centre, Brisbane
Saturday, 27th April
All Phones Arena, Sydney
Wednesday, 1st May
Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
Saturday, 4th May
Perth Arena, Perth
- #Black Sabbath
- WIN: Black Sabbath ‘Gathered In Their Masses’ Live DVD
- Black Sabbath Unveil Trailer For Upcoming Melbourne Live DVD
- Ozzy Osbourne Sets Fire To House Making Bacon Sandwich
- Ozzy Osbourne Slams Bill Ward For Wanting Equal Split From “Probably” Last Black Sabbath Tour
- Ozzy Osbourne Says “Incredibly Overweight” Drummer Bill Ward Too Unfit To Tour