Grungy rockers Children Collide and guitarist Roadgeek have edged out the likes of Gotye, Miami Horror, Seeker Lover Keeper and Clare Bowditch to win the top gong in this year’s SoundKilda Music Video Competition.
The competition, which is part of the St. Kilda Film Festival currently taking place in Melbourne, features five awards, including Best Overall Video, Best Independent Video, Best Animation and an audience award.
Children Collide and Roadgeek (aka Michael Shanks) shared the honour of Best Music Video for 2012 – with CC’s clown-inspired video Loveless and Roadgeek’s On the Borderline clip both winning over the judges. Roadgeek also took out the award for Best Independent Video with the same song.
On The Borderline was directed and produced by Michael Shanks, while Loveless is directed by David Michód and produced by Michael Cody.
Check out the winning clips below:
- Watch: Children Collide Release Two Videos, Ask Fans Which Is Better
- Children Collide – A Monument-al Year
- Children Collide Australian Tour August/September 2012 – Monument Tour
- Children Collide ‘Monument’ Out Now
- Children Collide – Monument
- Children Collide Drummer Ryan Caesar Quits