It was bound to happen at one point, it does every year. At some point there is confirmation of Daft Punk’s headline slot at America’s favourite festival, Coachella. And this year is no different; however, this seems somewhat more legitimate than its predecessors.
After an email from global website ‘Songkick’ was sent out, speculation was turned on its head claiming that the likes of Daft Punk, The Rolling Stones, Phoenix and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs were set to play the festival. The email, screenshotted by 1077 above, confirms last week’s rumour that British rock icons The Rolling Stones were set to headline the festival, which now spreads over two weekends.
If true, this installation of Coachella may be the one that takes home the title of ‘Best Lineup in the World’ sporting not only the world’s biggest rock band, but the world’s most sought-after Electronic group after their 5-year disappearance.
Although we’ve taken this news with a grain of salt, we’d be quite satisfied with news that Daft Punk are once again touring, as it would seriously increase our chances of seeing them live. A set at Big Day Out or Future Music wouldn’t be too bad would it? I’ll keep dreaming then.
Regardless, we eagerly await confirmation of the announcement, which should drop early January sometime.
- Arcade Fire’s Win Butler Joins Rolling Stones Onstage
- Kanye West’s ‘Black Skinhead’ Was Co-Written By Daft Punk, Samples Marilyn Manson
- San Cisco Mash Daft Punk And N*E*R*D For ‘Like A Version’
- Daft Punk Quit Ecstasy After Nearly Being Run Over By A Truck
- Daft Punk’s ‘Random Access Memories’ Breaks Sales Records Around The World