It was bound to happen at one point, it does every year. At some point there is confirmation of Daft Punk’s headline slot at America’s favourite festival, Coachella. And this year is no different; however, this seems somewhat more legitimate than its predecessors.
After an email from global website ‘Songkick’ was sent out, speculation was turned on its head claiming that the likes of Daft Punk, The Rolling Stones, Phoenix and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs were set to play the festival. The email, screenshotted by 1077 above, confirms last week’s rumour that British rock icons The Rolling Stones were set to headline the festival, which now spreads over two weekends.
If true, this installation of Coachella may be the one that takes home the title of ‘Best Lineup in the World’ sporting not only the world’s biggest rock band, but the world’s most sought-after Electronic group after their 5-year disappearance.
Although we’ve taken this news with a grain of salt, we’d be quite satisfied with news that Daft Punk are once again touring, as it would seriously increase our chances of seeing them live. A set at Big Day Out or Future Music wouldn’t be too bad would it? I’ll keep dreaming then.
Regardless, we eagerly await confirmation of the announcement, which should drop early January sometime.
- Watch The Rolling Stones’ Adelaide Stage Invader Get Nailed By Security
- The Rolling Stones Release Extra Tickets For ’14 On Fire’ Australian Tour
- Rolling Stones Add British India, The Preatures To Australian Tour
- Daft Punk Make Surprise Appearance In Ibiza?
- Watch Foo Fighters Cover The Rolling Stones, Queen And More
- Springsteen Joins The Rolling Stones Onstage For ‘Tumbling Dice’