What do you get the man who has everything? How about a set of 900 pound drumsticks. That’s exactly what the goodly people of Warren, Ohio have decided to do in honouring one of their favourite hometown sons, Dave Grohl. According to Loudwire, Grohl will be presented with the supposed largest drumsticks in the world on July 7 at the Warren Amphitheatre.
The drumsticks have been fashioned from massive poplar logs and feature recreations of Grohl’s feather tattoos etched into their surface. The gigantic drumsticks will remain in the amphitheatre until the venue hosts its final show of the season in September, after which the monument will be relocated south of the city’s Courthouse Square in Dave Grohl Alley.
Although Grohl is more commonly associated with Virginia, where he spent the majority of his youth, the Foo Fighter’s frontman was actually born in Warren, Ohio.
In other Grohl-related news, work continues on the Sound City Studios Documentary. The doco is spearheaded by Grohl and looks to pay homage to the studio in which Nirvana’s Nevermind was recorded, along with other countless acts. To keep up to date with the doco’s progress, check out Sound City Movie’s official Facebook page.
- Watch Dave Grohl Write A “New Foo Fighters Song” With Help From A Chilean Audience
- Basically Everyone Played At Dave Grohl’s Birthday Gig
- Dave Grohl, Corey Taylor’s Supergroup Teenage Time Killer Secure Record Deal
- Billy Corgan Calls Pearl Jam “Derivative”, Says Foo Fighters “Haven’t Evolved”
- Hear Dave Grohl’s Long-Lost Solo Track ‘Hooker On The Street’
- How Kurt Cobain Gave Dave Grohl’s Foo Fighters Demo His Blessing