Eagles Of Death Metal Dropped From Festivals After Suggesting Bataclan Staff Were Involved In Paris AttacksWritten by Sam Murphy on May 21, 2016
Eagles Of Death Metal have been dropped from two French festivals after organisers said they were “in total disagreement” with comment frontman Jesse Hughes made regarding Bataclan security’s involvement in the November Paris attacks.
Gunmen opened fire on the Bataclan Theatre in Paris on 13th November killing more than 120 people while Eagles Of Death Metal were playing a gig. Now, Hughes has reiterated claims that venue staff were aware of the attacks that would take place.
“There’s no denying the terrorists were already inside, and they had to get in somehow,” he said talking with Taki’s Magazine about the attacks.
Hughes told Fox earlier this year that about six security guards didn’t turn up to work on the day of the attacks.
“It seems rather obvious that they had a reason not to show up,” he said.
He later apologised on Twitter for his “absurd accusations” calling them “unfounded and baseless,” but it seems he’s backing those accusations once again. He has also deleted the apology from his Twitter.
In light of this, the band have been dropped from Rock en Seine in Paris and Cabaret Vert festival in Northern France.
“Being in total disagreement with Jesse Hugues’ recent allegations given in an itw with an american media, both Cabaret Vert & Rock en Seine festivals have decided to cancel the band’s performance,” festival organisers wrote in a joint statement.