Josh Homme could be entering the studio to record the new Eagles Of Death Metal album even before his main band – Queens Of The Stone Age – release their much anticipated record …Like Clockwork in June.
In a video interview on Consequence Of Sound‘s Rock It Out! Blog, Homme’s EODM bandmate Jesse Hughes has mentioned he and Homme could be recording “in the next few weeks or so.”
Hughes also revealed that he’s had new material from the band up his sleeve for quite a while.
“I always like to be really prepared… so I write all the music way, way in advance,” he said.
“Joshua just finished the new Queens album…for the past two weeks we’ve just been getting our songs together.
“So I guess in the next few weeks or so we’ll start recording a record.”
In terms of a release date, Hughes gave no clear indication as to when the record may come out – except that it will be when everything sounds “perfect” (because that’s how he rolls).
“I don’t want it to come out until it’s perfect, but that’s when it will be coming out, because you know, duh.”
Watch the interview below – and skip to the 2.12 mark:
- Josh Homme’s Awkward First Meeting With Arctic Monkeys Crushed Any “Cool-Guy BS”
- Watch Josh Homme Play Brand-New Song, ‘Villains Of Circumstance’
- 12 Moments Crowd Participation Turned Ugly
- Josh Homme: “I’m Gonna Jump Right Back Into The New Eagles Of Death Metal Album”
- Nine Inch Nails, Queens Of The Stone Age – Melbourne, Rod Laver Arena 14/03/14