Glasgow-based Scottish quintet, Frightened Rabbit will be releasing their long-awaited new EP State Hospital later on this week. However, to the delight of fans today, we have the full EP stream for your listening pleasure.
Christened State Hospital, the band have been hard at work in the depth of their studio preparing the release, which has been locked in for release on 21st September. The release will act as a sort of B-Side release for the impending full-length, which should be due around 2013. Vocalist Scott Hutchison explains that State Hospital is a collection of tunes that for “one reason or another did not fit on the full-length record”.
Though the band insists the tracks are by no means any less special: “We were inspired by fairly dissonant artists during the writing and recording of these songs, from Beak to The Shins via Max Richter and Caribou. I think we’ve definitely darkened our corners a little with this EP.”
Earlier this year, the band took themselves out of the studio black hole to pursue a common life goal: to perform in their country’s iconic and historic Highlands. The result of this was filmed for a short doco.
Stay tuned for upcoming news on the full-length, scheduled for a 2013 release. But until then, check out their new EP below!
- Frightened Rabbit Announce Laneway Festival 2014 Sideshow Dates
- Laneway Festival Detroit Announces First-Ever Lineup – Sigur Ros, The National, Chet Faker & More
- Exclusive Live Stream: Frightened Rabbit Performance & Interview At Music Feeds Studio
- Frightened Rabbit Frontman’s Beard Up For Sale On eBay
- Frightened Rabbit Announce Headlining Australian Tour, May 2013
- Frightened Rabbit – Pedestrian Verse