Two artists at the top of their game: Childish Gambino – dominating the world of rap, and Flux Pavillion – dominating the world of bass music. The two recently collaborated on the monstrous track Do or Die that was released on Flux Pavillion’s new EP Blow the Roof. In an exclusive interview with Music Feeds, Flux Pavillion stated that Do or Die was actually meant to be a remix, but “the beat I was writing seemed like something new to both of us. It just had elements that we could both work with, so we turned it into a collaboration.”
Working on that track via email, it seems that they built a huge respect for each other, particularly when Flux Pavillion started watching Gambino’s starring role in US comedy Community.
“I’d never watched Community when we did the first track. Then because we did the track together, I thought I might as well watch the show, and its awesome. So now I’ve watched all of Community. Then a few weeks ago when we were in the studio I was kind of star-struck. I was like ‘this is weird, I have so much respect for this guy’.”
Letting slip that he was in the studio with Gambino recently, Flux Pavillion expanded to tell us that they were actually working on a new track.
“I was in Sydney a few weeks ago when he was there for Big Day Out and I was working in the studio, so he came in and we’ve written another track together, which is pretty damn awesome.”
Expect a new track from those two soon. Who knows, it may even top the Kanye West & Jay-Z sample of Flux Pavillion’s I Can’t Stop.
- Watch Childish Gambino’s High Dancing In New ‘Sober’ Video
- Childish Gambino’s New Video Has A Twist You Won’t See Coming
- Reddit Has Uncovered Childish Gambino’s ‘3005 Part 2′ Secret Track
- Hear Childish Gambino’s New Mixtape ‘STN MTN’
- Don’t Hold Your Breath For That Childish Gambino & Chance The Rapper EP
- Childish Gambino: “New Mixtape Is A Nice In-Between For The Next Album”